July 2, 2022
Owasso Parents & Guardians,
The waivers from the USDA that allowed us to serve all students free of charge will expire on July 31 and we will return to pre-COVID National School Lunch and Breakfast Program rules for the 2022-23 school year. Students will pay full price for meals unless they have been approved for free or reduced meals by meal application or snap benefits.
Filling out the Free & Reduced Application is quick and easy. We have several ways an application can be accessed and completed.
- For an online application go to www.myschoolapps.com.
- Applications can be printed from our website at owassops.org on the Child Nutrition Page.
- An application can be picked up at the Child Nutrition Office or Enrollment Office at 202 E Broadway.
- An application can be sent to you by emailing us at [email protected]
Eating healthy school meals has numerous benefits for your student. Yet, many eligible families do not take the few simple steps to complete the application and take advantage of these benefits. Don’t miss out on the chance to help your student do better in school and achieve their dreams!
At Owasso Public Schools we do everything possible to ensure that students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals:
- Feel no social stigma for applying to the program.
- Are treated & greeted the same at the cash register as any other student.
- Are not singled out in any way to ensure their complete anonymity.
- Can be confident that all information is kept completely confidential.
It is more than a meal application, other benefits from filling out an application may include:
- Discounts on academic test fees, such as the SAT and PSAT
- Discounts on college applications
- Discounts on home internet services
- Discounts on fees for youth programs
- Funding for district education programs
Our goal is to have all students take part in our school meal program. In our elementary schools, we offer four entree choices each day with our Clubhouse program. It includes hot entrees, traditional meals, salads, sandwiches and wraps. All of the meals are planned using the USDA guidelines and are analyzed for nutrient content. In our middle schools, we offer a wide variety of choices through our foodiE program, and our signature Taste4 program gives high school students endless variety through a number of exciting food stations.
Be sure to follow the Free & Reduced Application instructions carefully and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Child Nutrition office at 918-272-8034. We look forward to serving your students!
Child Nutrition Director
**This institution is an equal opportunity provider.